09 Sep 08:00 - 18 Sep 20:00 - Bishkek
➧ More info
This trip will lead you through the Tien Shan Mountains on the tracks of the Kyrgyz nomads. You will discover the natural and cultural treasures of Kyrgyzstan: the wild shore of Issyk Kul lake, Tash Rabat caravanserai and the alpine pastures of stupendous Son Kul Lake. Throughout this trip, you will be immersed into the ancient nomadic culture and its equestrian tradition.
Highlights: Burana tower, Issyk Kul Lake, Son Kul Lake, Tash Rabat caravanserai, hiking, horse riding, nomadic lifestyle.
Day 1: Arrival in Bishkek and city walk
●Your guide/driver will meet you at the airport.
Transfer to your hotel in the city centre.
Installation and resting time.
● Meeting at noon at the reception desk for a
● Bishkek city tour, we discover the city centre, parks
● Drive to the city panorama, then dinner at Faiza’s
place, the best canteen in town.
Day 2: Burana Tower on the way to Issyk Kul
● Meeting at 8.30 at the reception desk for departure.
● Visit of Burana tower site, on the ruins of the
ancient Karakhanid’s capital, Balasagyn.
● Small walk in Konorchek canyon to admire the red
rocks structures. Lunch in Boom gorge.
● Arrival at Aida’s place, our yurt camp for the next 2
nights, on the southern shore of Issyk Kul, the
second biggest mountain lake in the world, at
1600m high. Discover the place, go for a swim, play,
you will have free time.
Day 3: Boz Salkyn Jailoo and Skazka canyon
●Departure at 8.30 for the Boz Salkyn jailoo
(pastureland) where we are going to walk up to the
wonderful panorama on Issyk Kul.
● After picnic, visit of Skazka (fairy tale) canyon. The
red, ocher, or yellow sedimentary rocks are
stunning and seem to be taken out from another
● Back to our yurt camp after our first “physical” day.
Day 4: Heading to Son Kul
●Last moments at Issyk Kul, we meet with a
berkutchi, a eagle hunter who will tell us about his
passion. Then we visit the village of yurt makers
and their workshops. Lunch in Kochkor.
● Drive up to Kalmak-Ashuu, acclimatization walk
and then we go down next to the lake.
● Arrival at Roza’s place, our new yurt camp for the 2
next nights, at 3000m high. Discover the
surroundings, gather and milk the cows, gaze at
the fascinating lake, play with the kids, you will
have free time.
Day 5: Horseriding at Son Kul Lake
●Let’s go for a horse riding day in the vast meadows
covered by Edelweiss around Son Kul lake. This is
the opportunity for you to get along with
horseriding among the grazing cattle, and
scattered yurts and herders.
● Second and last night at Roza’s place.
Day 6: Heading to Tash Rabat across Tien Shan
● We leave at 8am to Moldo-Ashuu pass. Glimpsing
Son Kul for the last time, we start walking and
discover the Naryn river valley. It is still the
beginning of the mighty Syr-Daria, known as
Iaxarte by the ancient Greeks, irrigating Central
Asia with his sibling Amu-Daria.
● After the walk we continue across Tien Shan. Visit
of 18th and 19th centuries mausoleums. Lunch in
Baetov’s oasis. We cross the mountains thanks to
● Arrival at Nazira’s yurt camp next to Tash Rabat
caravanserai, the highest in the world (3300m).
Days 7 & 8: Tash Rabat - Chatyr Kul by horse
●We start a 2 days horse trek which will lead us from
Tash Rabat to Chatyr Kul across a 4104m high
mountain pass. From the pass you will glimpse
● We will spend the night in one nomadic herder’s
family yurt along Chatyr Kul.
● The next day, we ride back to Tash Rabat. 4104m 5h-6h
● The next day we will ride back to Altyn-Arashan
Day 9: Visit of Tash Rabat and wayback to Bishkek
● Before departure, we take time to visit the inside of
● Drive to Bishkek. Arrival in Bishkek in the middle of
the afternoon for potential shopping
● End-of-trip dinner.
Day 10: Good bye Kyrgyzstan...
● Drive to the airport
● Flight back home with the head full of memories...
at least we hope so!
Price Per Person:
2 people: 1485 dollars
3 people: 1170 dollars
4 people: 1025 dollars
5 people: 900 dollars
6 people: 850 dollars
Total size of the group: 6 people
Choosing an open group significantly increases the chances to be part of a group and therefore take advantage of a very low price. Maximum size of the group is limited to 6 travelers, to ensure the authenticity and quality of the tour.
As soon as you confirm your participation to the tour at the chosen departure date, we will make everything we can to find other travelers for this tour. To confirm your participation, there is a pre-payment of 30% of the total amount of the tour to be done by bank transfer.
If we do not find any other traveler and therefore cannot ensure the lowest price for this tour, we will propose you several options at least 1 month before the tour departure’s date:
1. We will propose you to join another tour as similar as possible, for the same price
2. We will propose you to keep this tour by paying an additional cost
3. If none of these options suits you, we will fully reimburse the prepaid amount
Full program can be downloaded here:
07 Dec 11:00 - 10 Dec 14:00
07 Dec 11:00 - 10 Dec 14:00
Nomad's Land Nomad's Land
Program: Day1 Transfer Bishkek Bokonbaeva. 280km Meeting in the center of Bishkek, direct transfer to the village Bokonbaeva. Placing a local resident. Meeting with a local... ➧ More info